Monday 23 January 2012

the party is over

Okay, no more pity party.
I've decided I'm going to get more serious about writing and start treating it like what I want it to be; a job.
Of course, I make this declaration on the day that my daughter turns eleven and I'll be busting all over town to get the necessary stuff to take care of it, but I digress.
Time to get pul my notes out of my disorganized ass and make the edits I want to and finally put that novel to bed. Maybe I can pull out the second one and see if it needs a little more spit and kiwi too.
Finally, by the end of this month, in 7 days, one or both of those stacks of syllables will be on their way to a publisher somewhere where they will meet their fate.

So it shall be written. So it shall be done!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were into writing Bill.

    Writing is a great outlet and tool.

    There's a book i purchased recently its called "More Writers Aid:Getting the Writing Done" and its a fantastic book making sure you treat writing like a job and how to get the job done. (It's by Kristi Holl) and a fantastic read. Even down to how to overcome day to day distractions.

    Good luck with your writing!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete