Friday 20 January 2012

Canada

I love Canada and I hate Canada.

This is a great country, but I hate being here. There are lots of wonderful people doing great things.
I just don't feel like I'm one of them.

When I was in Kandahar, I felt like I could do anything, but now that I'm back in Canada I feel like I can't do anything.
Nothing works out. I'm always broke.

Maybe there are too many options, distractions and opinions. In KAF you ate Lima beans because well, thats all there was. Lima beans.

Here there is lots of variety and I'm frozen still trying to choose. As though my choice would even matter, because it's more about who chooses you.

And no one is choosing me.

Sorry for the pity party...

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain.
    Those who know me say "Hey you're such a fantastic guy, why are you working in the crappy job you have?"
    But they don't follow up with a job offer....

    Yeah, it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get better Bill. We all have our lows when we comeback.
    Bill, don't forget that you're an Awesome person.
    And I miss ou capuchino's date;)
    Take care buddy!
    Rayray

    ReplyDelete